- Stratos Xenon Controller and Micro-USB cable
Software (Click below to directly visit download page)
- ViGEmBus Setup
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- Xbox 360 controller driver (only needs to be installed for Windows 7)
Many games support only Xbox controller configuration; therefore, we will use the above software’s to convert the PlayStation controller to a Xbox Controller on PC.
- Download the software linked above, starting with the Microsoft .NET Framework. If you are running Windows 7, install the Xbox 360 controller driver next. This driver is included with Windows 8 and 10.
- Important step: plug your Stratos Xenon Controller into your PC using a micro-USB cable. (If you run into any issues, try using a USB 2.0 port instead of a USB 3.0 port. Now we can get DS4Windows to do its stuff.
- If you only want to use your Stratos Xenon Controller to play games through Steam, congratulations, you are officially done! Steam has native PS4 Controller support, so once you are paired or plugged in, you are good to go. Go into Steam's Settings > Controller menu to configure the controller. Be sure to pair or plug in your controller before opening Steam or any Steam games, otherwise your controller may not be recognized. If you run into any connection issues, closing and reopening Steam should do the trick.
- Download the newest DS4Windows .zip file, save it to a fresh folder, and extract its contents using 7-Zip or whatever file archiver you prefer. You will see two applications: DS4Updater and DS4Windows. You already have the latest version, so you can ignore the updater for now.
- Open DS4Windows and you will see the Controllers tab. This tab displays the controllers you have connected. Since you have already plugged in your controller, it should be listed here. If it is not, download and install ViGEmBus.exe from the link above, close DS4Windows, reconnect your controller, then reopen DS4Windows.
- Open the Settings tab in DS4Windows to configure a few things. Make sure the Hide DS4 Controller box is checked. This will prevent DS4Windows from conflicting with any game's default controller settings. For the same reason, make sure Use X-input Ports is set to one.